Organic Consumer Association, a most excellent source of organic news, has linked a short investigative film that documents the ties of Board Members in the Organic Trade Association to Big Business Agriculture companies which pedal GMO foods in their products. How can the biggest Organic lobby group allow this? It’s always about money. Watch the video to see why.
Organic Spies Documentary Details Systemic Corruption in the Organic Trade Association
- Financial evidence that the President of the Board of Directors of the OTA, Julia Sabin, VP/GM of Smucker Natural individually profits from Smucker selling GE foods.
- An in-depth an analysis of the political donations of Tim Smucker & Jenny Smucker. They have contributed $75,500 in the past 10 years to the Grocery Manufacturer’s Association, the pro-high-fructose-corn-syrup lobbying group.
Documentary Links Proving Corruption of the OTA Board
- Julia Sabin’s J.M. Smucker Company stock acquisition and sales
- Tim Smucker’s 5 year compensation
- Tim Smucker’s Political Contributions
- Jenny Smucker’s Political Contributions
- OTA 2010 Annual Report: No discussion of GE labeling or contamination
- Seed ownership chart by Prof. Howard
- General Mills Sales by Segment
- Smucker Brands – Almost all have GE foods